It’s time for marriage equality…
This is the book I need to finish before my first day of class. It has been far too long.
It is time! After months of sadness and disappointments, it is time for me gain my strengths back.
This fall, I will be going back to school. I will be pursuing a master degree. It is a degree I really want. I know that my family does not have a lot of mean to help/afford me because my two younger siblings are in school. But, I will not let that to stop me. Right now, I am working 7 days a week. I will find any way possible to complete my degree. Every penny I make goes towards my education and living expenses.
I know that life is not perfect. Life has roadblocks. Sometimes, I just need to learn how to take risks and go for what I really want.
It’s time to regain!!
Here’s the list of books that I want to read…let’s hope that I can read them all this time:
(1) “The Girl Who Play With Fire” by Stieg Larsson. This book is the second sequel to “The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo.” I tried to finish it last summer but I couldn’t. So, this book is my number 1 book to read currently. I wish is to finish this book before June.
(2) “Enrique’s Journey” by Sonia Nazario. It’s a true story of a Honduran boy coming to America and his attempt/journey to reunite with his mother.
(3) “The Impossible State: North Korea Past and Future” by Victor Cha. It’s a historical account on the rise of the Kim family and the state of North Korea.
(4) “Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power” by Rachel Maddow. The book is based on Maddow’s argument on American’s military power and its politics surrounding it.
(5) “Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives of North Korea” by Barbara Demick. A journalist’s accounts on lives of six North Korean citizens.
(6) “Escape from Camp 14: One Man’s Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West” by Blaine Harden. It’s a story of Shin Dong-hyuk and his journey to escape from North Korean’s prison camp.
Hopefully, I can finish reading all these books by September 2012. Let’s hope I get to finish them before September.
It’s Monday night/Tuesday morning. I’m sitting here in my bedroom, thinking about future.
Future is scary. One thing for sure, you can’t tell. You can’t tell what is going to happen to you. One day, you can be happy. The next day, you can be sad. Life is unpredictable. But, sometimes I just want things to be the way I have imagined.
To be very honest, I am not where I need to be. But, I am content with where I am. These two sentences are in conflict with each other. However, this is my current state of emotion. I am happy, yes. I like my friends. I enjoy work. I am excited to go back to school. But, I am just not where I need to be.
I guess, I set high expectations upon myself. I need to do something, big. I just can’t see it, yet. I just need to find it.
Well, only time can tell….